May You Live In Interesting TimeS | 2005
In this scenic exploration, Christian Ubl mixes several performing arts disciplines. His work exudes a physical, permeable climate, an unidentifiable temporal texture. The sequencing of the performance leads the spectator along a pathway between different space-times, progressively assuming an immediate form.
A red line cuts through the space to find its way out, a metronome body appears, taking possession of this space where a train of real and virtual images gradually feeds the movement. Once upon a time, there was the body, the sound, the image, but here, little by little, everything becomes matter for listening and communicating. Together, before the spectator’s eyes, they merge into a unique environment, an eternal space that challenges our ideas of the passage of time.
- Conception | Choreography | Christian Ubl
- Video | Fabienne Gras
- Music | Christian Hierro
- Scenography & lighting design | Emile Genoud
- Assistant Project | Caroline Blanc
- Costumes | Christian Ubl
- Administration and Production | CUBe Association
- Coproduction | 3bisF lieu d’arts contemporains | CCN d’Aix-en-Provence
- Coproduction and Residencies | Théâtre Arsenic Lausanne (CH) | Centre National de la Danse Lyon
- Loan studio | Centre National de la Danse Pantin | 3bisF Lieu d’arts contemporains Aix-en-Provence
- Supports | DRAC | Provence Alpes Côtes d’Azur dans le cadre de l’aide à la création | Ville d’Istres | Conseil Régional PACA | Forum Autrichien à Paris.